Carter Volume Pedal String Replacement


If you need to replace your volume pedal string, you can use Mason twine (used by bricklayers) which is available at Hardware Stores, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. You will also need rosin to make sure string does not slip (available at music stores).

  • Cut a piece of twine about 17 inches (6.7cm) long. Use Heat (soldering iron etc) to seal one end to prevent unraveling.
  • Tie a knot at one end and pass the string through the brass washer.
  • Cut this piece of twine to 13-1/4 inches (5.22cm) from the knot and washer.
  • Mark the string 8-1/2 inches (3.35cm) from the knot. Again, use some heat to seal the other end.
  • Thread and wrap the string as shown.
  • Tie a knotted loop positioning the mark you made at the top of the loop.
  • Hook it to the spring. You should have a SMALL amount of tension on the spring when finished.