- Insert the pedal stop hex set screw in the front rail.
- Adjust the set screw by playing the smallest of the strings
that will be activated by the pulls. Use a " wrench on the cross-shaft,
or just pull the pull bars back with your fingers. Adjust the
set screw to allow the string to go to the desired pitch.
- Use a hammer and a phillips point screwdriver to dimple
the front rail and set the set screw so it will stay in position.
- Reassemble your steel.
- Tune the open pitch back to whatever you use.
- Step on the pedal and tune the tuning nuts and you are
- Questions? Please have your Carter in front of you and
give us a call.