Knee levers are used to lower or raise various strings. A knee lever can used in several ways, including:
- By themselves
- In combination with another knee lever
- More typically, in combination with 1 or 2 pedals
There are 3 basic knee lever configurations:
Non-Reversing (moves to the left)
This configuration typically uses a knee lever mounted directly on the cross-shaft to be activated.
Reversing (moves to the right)
Reversing Knee Levers come in 3 basic configurations:
- Center-pivot Reversing Knee Lever
- Bell-crank and linkage Reversing Knee Lever
- Compound Reversing Knee Lever
Vertical (moves up)
Vertical knee levers typically are located above the left knee between the 2 left knee levers.
All together now...
The drawing below shows both reversing and non-reversing knee levers: